Example Calibration Check for Data Loggers
MarineGEO Data Policy and Authorship Agreement
2020 Network Project Permit Application
Detailed packing list for shipping samples
Partner invoice for shipping samples
RNALater Safety Data Sheet
SED-BIOME is the 2020 MarineGEO Network Project. Project downloads are located in the above box. View a video about conducting the project here. Data entry spreadsheets are unique to each site. If you need an additional copy, download the version for your site here.
If you have any questions or concerns about the 2020 Network Project, contact Dr. Guibert Isis (email@example.com) and MarineGEO (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Online Data Submission
Scan the completed field data sheets and save both paper and electronic versions locally. We do not require you to submit the scanned forms.
Provide as much protocol and sample metadata as possible, such as the protocol version and contact information. Use the “notes” columns to provide additional information or context if a relevant column doesn’t already exist, rather than renaming or creating columns.
Use our online submission portal to upload Excel spreadsheets.
Sediment and Porewater Sampling Shipping
Prepare the package:
- Make sure that the porewater samples (as well as the RNAlater tubes) are well sealed to avoid any gas exchange or leakage. We recommend using electrical tape on the top of the parafilm
- Freeze the samples at the lowest temperature possible: -80C is recommended
- When preparing the package, put an absorbent layer at the bottom of the package to avoid any issue with condensation
- Put the porewater samples surrounded by the frozen sediment samples so the porewater samples can stay cold longer
- Add blue gel packs to keep the package cold
- Pack the box tight with minimal air and sealed properly limiting heat transfer
Prepare required documents:
- Fill out the invoice (“Partner invoice for shipping samples”) and the detailed list (“Detailed packing list for shipping samples”). The field to fill out are highlighted in yellow
- Print the two excel files and the RNALater safety sheet
- Add the three documents to the package
Ship the package:
Mail sediment and porewater samples on dry ice as soon as possible to:
Dr. David M. Baker and Guibert Isis
Swire Institute of Marine Science
6S-19, Kadoorie Biological Sciences Building
The University of Hong Kong
999077 Hong Kong
Share the tracking number with Dr. Isis Guibert: email@example.com
Smithsonian MarineGEO commits to provide:
- coordination in the form of participant recruitment, planning fieldwork with each participant;
- standardized protocols and templates;
- data management; and
- data synthesis, and lead writing of the publications.
Each partner commits to:
- conducting the required field work;
- processing the samples collected;
- submitting the data in standard format to MarineGEO; and
- contributing to data interpretation and manuscript preparation.
MarineGEO further commits to preparing the first manuscript for peer-reviewed publication, with all co-authors, within one year of completion of fieldwork, and to making all data publicly available to participants by March of next year.