SED-BIOME is the 2020 MarineGEO Network Project. Project downloads are located in the above box. View a video about conducting the project here.
If you have any questions or concerns about the 2020 Network Project, contact Dr. Guibert Isis (email@example.com) and MarineGEO (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Scan the completed field data sheets and save both paper and electronic versions locally. We do not require you to submit the scanned forms.
Enter data into the provided data entry template. Each template is an Excel spreadsheet. Please provide as much protocol and sample metadata as possible, such as the protocol version and contact information. Use the “notes” columns to provide additional information or context if a relevant column doesn’t already exist, rather than renaming or creating columns.
Use our online submission portal to upload Excel spreadsheets.
Mail sediment and porewater samples to:
Dr. Guibert Isis
The SWIRE Institute of Marine Science
6N-01, Kadoorie Biological Sciences Building
The University of Hong Kong
999077 Hong Kong
Contact Dr. Isis Guibert if you have any questions (email@example.com)
Smithsonian MarineGEO commits to provide:
- coordination in the form of participant recruitment, planning fieldwork with each participant;
- standardized protocols and templates;
- data management; and
- data synthesis, and lead writing of the publications.
Each partner commits to:
- conducting the required field work;
- processing the samples collected;
- submitting the data in standard format to MarineGEO; and
- contributing to data interpretation and manuscript preparation.
MarineGEO further commits to preparing the first manuscript for peer-reviewed publication, with all co-authors, within one year of completion of fieldwork, and to making all data publicly available to participants by March of next year.